I’ve sent this list of links to The CEO Library Newsletter, but I feel I should publish it on the site as well. This doesn’t normally happen, but I will make an exception for this Decade in Review series. Once in a decade, for sure!
If you wonder what else I send to the weekly newsletter, see here.
Here are all the “Decade in review” articles I’ve found interesting, without a specific focus or order. The titles are pretty self explanatory, so I will not add my commentaries this time.
Books related decade reviews:
1. The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of the 2010s (Time)
2. The 20 Best Works of Nonfiction of the Decade (LitHub)
3. The 20 Best Books of a Decade That Unmade Genre Fiction (Wired)
4. The 20 Best Novels of the Decade (LitHub)
5. The CEO Library’s Best Books of 2019
Business & Tech related decade reviews:
1. I’m a 36-year-old CEO who sold my first startup for $1 billion. Here’s what I’ve learned this past decade (Business Insider)
2. Decade in review: Reflections on the last 10 years in the tech industry (Tech Republic)
3. The Top 20 Business Transformations of the Last Decade (Harvard Business Review)
4. Emoji, Uber and selfie: These 25 words describe the decade in tech (CNet)
5. From AirPower to Zune, a decade of tech and companies that died (CNet)
6. The attention economy is in hyperdrive’: how tech shaped the 2010s (The Guardian)
7. Selfies, influencers and a Twitter president: the decade of the social media celebrity